1. Minimizes stress and maximizes fun! – Hiring a wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests!
2. Orchestrates from rehearsal through the end of reception – Do you want to be responsible for organizing the rehearsal or making sure the bridal party is properly lined up? How about making sure that the guest who had a little too much to drink departs safely? Wedding planners orchestrate from rehearsal through the end of the reception, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch!
3. Handles crisis – Whether we like it or not, most big events involve a crisis of some sort. Who really wants to deal on their wedding day with the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum? No one! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances so that you can enjoy your day.
4. Creates schedules – There are so many events leading up to the big day! Couple that with the many things that happen during the wedding and who can keep track? The wedding planner can! Wedding planners are well trained at making detailed itineraries for everyone involved (including other vendors) and making sure that everything happens on time!
5. Acts as the “go to person” – The average wedding has numerous different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns! By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others “talk to the wedding planner!”
6. Offers advice – Wedding planners have planned countless weddings and know exactly what works and what doesn’t. They are also knowledgeable on wedding etiquette. Wedding planners are also able to recommend competent vendors, based on personal experience.
7. Ensures dreams are made realities – Most have been dreaming of their wedding day their entire life. Wedding planners work for the couple to ensure that all desires are met (and often surpassed)!
Certified Wedding Planners or Coordinators are held to higher standards then your “regular” planners. They take the wedding Industry very seriously, so seriously that they are trained and formally educated in Wedding Coordination. Graduates of the WPIC (The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada) MUST abide by the following Code of Ethics or they can be stripped of their Certification and disbarred from the WPIC Alumni Association.